HAGGADAH-MAKING WORKSHOPS IN YOUR HOME, AT YOUR SCHOOL, OR COMMUNITY CENTER.
Francine Hermelin is available to help your community, school, institution or family enliven and deepen your Passover experience through customized Passover prep events and DIY book-making parties. Children are provided with their own Haggadah and/or sample pages along with mounds of tactile materials to literally craft connections to Seder's lofty themes. freedom, hope, justice and more.
Francine works with educators, clergy, students and parents to create informal, contemporary and thought-provoking holiday experiences.
WORKSHOPS CAN ACCOMPLISH THE FOLLOWING
- Allow children and families to make personal and universal connections to seder's themes.
- Provide basic seder "how to" or to help dive more deeply for more experienced participants or leaders.
- Empower parents to cross generational and personality lines for more inclusive seder experiences....great for families newly inheriting the seder.
- Help interfaith families find common ground.
- Equip children with moments they can share to feel connected to the seder experience and even help lead conversations.
- Basic holiday prep.
- Provide a spiritual and developmental keepsake.
HOMES * COMMUNITY CENTERS * SCHOOLS
Children with or without their parents, grandparents, or teachers. Ideal grades are K-6th, although college students and artistic adults enjoy the freedom of expression the book provides. Adult-only workshops are perfect for young families inheriting seders for the first time.
Francine can facilitate workshops or easily prepare educators or parents to do them on their own.
PAST WORKSHOPS Take a look at our Gallery to see past workshops.
BOOK OR DISCUSS A WORKSHOP HERE.